Important: in 2016, Facebook retired the old Facebook pixel, so it is hard to avoid this free plugin!
Activate the WooCommerce Facebook Pixel
- Click on Facebook Pixel in the left menu
- Add your Pixel ID How to find my pixel ID
- Check Events you want to track
- Save, and you’re all set!
How WooCommerce Facebook Pixel works by default
- ViewContent will be triggered on every product page
- AddToCart standard event will be triggered on the Cart page
- AddToCart dynamic event will be enabled (it will trigger any time the add to cart button is clicked)
- InitiateCheckout standard event will be added on the checkout page
- Purchase standard event will be added on the thank you page (Please make sure that your PayPal is set to Auto-Return.)
- You are now ready to create audiences optimized for each of these events.
How to track all your visitors
Advanced Events Setup
You can create Standard Events for unique URLs:
- Set the page URL
- Select the Standard Event you’d like to trigger on that URL
- Create as much trigger as you need
- Save it, and you’re all set!
Our WooCommerce Facebook Pixel is not compatible with Facebook Dynamic ads. Yet.
Which event triggers what exactly? Here’s some help:
- ViewContent: Track key page views (ex: product page, landing page or article)
- Purchase: Track purchases or checkout flow completions (ex. landing on “Thank You” or confirmation page)
- AddToCart: Track when customers add items to a shopping cart (ex. click/landing page on Add to Cart button)
- Search: Track searches on your website (ex. product searches)
- InitiateCheckout: Track when people enter the checkout flow (ex. click/landing page on checkout button)
- AddPaymentInfo: Track when payment information is added in the checkout flow (ex. click/landing page on billing info)
- Lead: Track when a user expresses interest in your offering (ex. form submission, sign up for trial, landing on pricing page)
- CompleteRegistration: Track when a customer completes a registration form (ex. complete subscription, sign up for a service)
- AddToWishlist: Track when items are added to a wishlist (ex. click/landing page on Add to Wishlist button)
If you have any questions, please shoot them below in the comments section! 🙂