Recart (initially named GhostMonitor) is a Software-as-a-Service that generates sales for e-commerce stores. It was founded in 2015 and officially launched in May 2016. Since then we have been installed by over 65,000 merchants globally. We’ve crossed 4,500 paying customers and $2.2m in annual recurring revenue and have already made $120,000,000 in extra sales for our clients.
Recart tracks and analyzes webshop visitors’ behaviour and sends marketing campaigns via email, push notifications and Facebook Messenger. The new, sexy Messenger bot topic and the insane results of the Messenger platform recently made Recart one of the fastest-growing Shopify apps. Check out the Recart app and read our monthly updates for more details.
What’s the opportunity?
We’re looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer. If you want to be part of a fast-growing startup, working with the latest technologies and facing exciting scaling challenges, the engineering team at Recart is the one for you.
Our office is located in Budapest (13th district, Pannónia street). We’re flexible in terms of work hours and remote work, but we find working together in the office to be the most effective and fun.
Currently we have 25 people in the team but we keep hiring and expanding. We aim to maintain an environment where you can feel good, be yourself and go through intense professional development at the same time.
What about the tech stack?
- Auto-scaling distributed system with 75+ microservices
- Running on AWS spot instances with our own Kubernetes cluster
- Docker, Terraform, automated CI/CD pipeline
- Most of our production back-end services are written in NodeJS but we’ve started using Go too
- We use a combination of MongoDB, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch and Redis
Our load is continuously growing. Currently approximately 150 EC2 instances and 3000-5000 Docker containers are running at a time (it can go up to 10.000+ around Black Friday), we process 28 billion HTTP requests and 3 billion message queue entries in a month and our network traffic is around 325 terabytes per month. Our busiest service handles around 1500 requests per second but can go up to like 3500 req/sec. Our logging service processes 2.5 terabytes of log per month.
What will I do?
- Design, build and operate our highly-available infrastructure
- Constantly improve our deployment pipelines
- Get your hands dirty with everything that might revolve around the tech stack of Recart; from TCPdump to writing a new object based caching solution
- Participate in architecture discussions and decisions
To name a few projects that are ahead of us: we’re remodelling our networking layer, we’re building high-availability, distributed clusters, we’re planning to introduce canary releases (with Spinnaker) and we’ll also need to move to multiple data centers to make Recart faster for European users.
What skills do I need?
- A solid understanding of the Linux ecosystem
- Experience with AWS and Docker
- Strong scripting skills
- Working experience with the challenges of distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of computer networks
- The ability to express yourself in English both in writing and speaking
The Recart Engineering Team believes in an overall computer science knowledge and software engineering mindset. We won’t ask you questions that you can find on Google in 2 seconds.
We like big thinkers with small egos who believe in our goal to build a uniquely impactful, long-lasting tech company.
What are the benefits?
- Regular compensation reviews: we don’t want you to ever worry about money
- Equity in a fast growing start-up
- Flexible and unlimited holidays
- Convenient office environment (fun zone, fruits, snacks, massage…)
- Medicover private health insurance
Is there something else that’s important to you? Talk to us, we’re flexible 🙂
How can I apply?
Email us at email@example.com. Send us your CV and tell us a bit about what interests you most about this job and how you could make a difference here at Recart.